I always make Sunday a full rest day so I can ride into the new week revived, energized, & ready to rock. What are you putting into motion today so you can cruise into the week ahead?! 📷: Brian Kuhlmann for Reebok.
Love yourself now, in order to love every moment of the journey towards what you can become. What are you doing now to be good to yourself while bettering yourself?
Keep in mind that the “Fit To Feast” lifestyle is all about eating consistently clean for the majority of the time, and then treating a treat like a treat aka when you indulge, make it EXACTLY what you want.
I usually eat my burgers sans bun over a beautiful bed of greens, but once in a while I go for the PB&J burger at 26 Beach in Venice. Not going to be in Cali in the near future? All good. You can make your own. Here’s my Mens Journal feature with the full scoop on this bodacious burger!
“I am a PB&J freak. The only thing better than a classic PB&J, is a PB&J burger! We all love PB&J because of its nostalgic perfect pairing of salty and sweet. Throw, some sirloin into the mix, and you compose a symphony of salty, sweet, AND savory. It’s bliss. This is my go-to scintillating splurge,” says Allison Hagendorf, founder of Fit to Feast, TV & Radio Host and Certified Health and Lifestyle Coach and Crossfit L1 Trainer. “You eat peanut sauce with meat in Thai dishes, and you eat BBQ which is basically meat doused in sugar, so this is no different…and you can easily make it yourself!” she says.
- 1 lb. Grass-Fed Beef or Grass-Fed Bison
- 1 large organic egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brioche bun
- Coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- Peanut butter (or any nut butter) of choice
- Jelly or preserve of choice
- Mix the pound of ground meat with your beaten egg. Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Form patties from the meat, which would make between 1-4 burgers, depending how primal you are.
- Throw your burger on a grill or cook it in a skillet or grill pan with a little coconut oil. If you’re using a meat thermometer, you want it to read about 128°. Otherwise cook it until it’s cooked on the outside but still very pink on the inside.
- Grab your freshly baked brioche bun and smear it with a little grass-fed butter or coconut oil and lightly toast it. You can either throw it on the grill, in a toaster oven, or even your skillet.
- To dress your burger, get out those jars of peanut butter and jelly and have at it. There is no wrong or right here.
- BONUS: Throw on a piece of bacon. Why? Bacon makes everything better.
Make 2016 the year you reach higher than ever before. Obliterate obstacles. Let go of limitations. Gravitate towards greatness. This is YOUR year. Eat it up.
It’s January 2nd. My tradition of a gluttonous Jan 1 was awesome, and now on Jan 2, I go back to my mostly Paleo ways.
This morning I decided to kick it off with my Fit To Feast Paleo Pancakes. Here’s the recipe for the foundation of these flapjacks, but today I also opted to throw in a ton of fresh organic blueberries, and to smother some no salt-added almond butter in between. A healthier PB&J if you will…
Word. Let’s start this year off right 😉
I am honored to share that I will be counting down to 2016 once again as The Official Host of Times Square New Year’s Eve. I will be LIVE for 6 hours starting at 6pm. Tune in here, or on the Times Square Ball App.