Roast a bunch of Sweet Potatoes and store them in your fridge for a go-to nutrient-dense/on-the-go option as part of your Pre-Workout or Post-Workout meal. These are God’s gift to carbohydrates. Why?
Firstly, they are delicious. They are perfect just the way they are and need no butter, cream, or cinnamon. Just eat them plain and appreciate their natural sweetness.
Secondly, they are also high in:
- Vitamin B6, lowering the chemical homocysteine in our bodies, which has been linked to heart attacks.
- Vitamin C, which not only boosts immunity but also produces collagen, read: youthful skin
- Vitamin D, which is a natural mood and energy booster
- Iron, which helps us metabolize protein, resist stress, etc.
- Magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Sign me up!
- Potassium, which helps regulate heartbeat and nerve signals, reduces swelling, and protects the kidneys
- Carotenoids, which lead to Vitamin A production and serve as antioxidants that help ward off cancer
Sound good? Good. They taste even better!
Why not yam it up now with this healthy #FitToFeast recipe for starters!